What is CELPIP Used For?
The CELPIP test was created to assess key language abilities required for permanent residency and citizenship in Canada. For its components, the test employs Canadian English and permits both British and American English spellings. CELPIP Tests are currently accessible in the United Arab Emirates, the United States, the Philippines, India, and Singapore.
There are two versions of the CELPIP Test, the CELPIP- General and the CELPIP-General LS. Both of these tests are used for various purposes.
The CELPIP – General assesses a test participant’s English listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills and is approved by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residency applications as well as professional credentials.
What groups can use the CELPIP-General Test Results?
1. IRCC requiring proof of English proficiency of applicants for immigration to Canada.
2. Canadian immigration associations and consultants advising applicants on how to meet linguistic requirements for admission to Canada.
3. Companies and professional organisations that require confirmation of English language competency from its members and prospective employees.
The CELPIP – General LS assesses test takers’ English listening and speaking abilities and has been approved by IRCC for citizenship applications as well as professional designations.
What groups can use the CELPIP-General LS Test Results?
1. The IRCC requiring candidates to show proof of English language listening and speaking proficiency for Canadian citizenship.
2. Employers who demand verification of a prospective employee’s English language listening and speaking skills.