Can I use CELPIP for Express Entry?
To answer it simply, yes, you can take the CELPIP test for Express entry.
This follows a simple procedure.
The criteria for express entry is simple. You must take an approved language test to demonstrate your language abilities. To do so, follow these steps:
1. You must schedule your test with an IRCC-approved organisation and pay the associated fees.
2. Fill out your Express Entry profile with the test results (and the Personal Information Number, if the system asks for it).
3. If you are invited to apply, provide the results with your application. The respective authorities will not process your application if you do not include it.
Do not request that your language test results be forwarded to the government of Canada directly. Send them your results together with the rest of your application. Keep your original test somewhere safe, in case they need it later.
You can take any of the following language tests that have been approved for Express entry by the government of Canada.
CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program
– You must take the CELPIP-General test for Express Entry
– The General-LS test is not accepted.
IELTS: International English Language Testing System
You must take the General Training option as they do not accept the academic one.
TEF Canada: Test d’évaluation de français, including:
– compréhension de l’écrit
– compréhension de l’oral
– expression écrite
– expression orale